Multi Purpose Hall
The Trinity Bay State High School Multi-Purpose Hall delivers to the school an outstanding and beautiful multi-use sporting facility to meet the growing needs of the school's sport and physical education programs. The Multi-Purpose Hall will also, in future, be opened to the wider community for hosting public functions.
The complex structural foundation essential to mitigate diffential settlement of the foundations, meant 28 day curing periods were required before putting heavy plant and equipment on slabs. Our construction team put in huge efforts to have the project "out of the ground" in time to take advantage of the Christmas shutdown for curing of the foundations, resulting in nil delay to the project. Both Design & Construction stages were delivered in 48 weeks overall.
At over 2300m2 GFA this building provides:
- 2 x Basketball courts, 2 x Netball courts, 3 x Volleyball courts and 8 x Badminton courts
- World-class sprung timber flooring system
- Wireless electronic scoreboards and shotclocks
- Motorised retractable backboards and motorised court divider
- 132m2 Fitness Room
- Male, Female and DDA compliant Toilet, Change Room and Shower amenities
- Commercial-grade Kiosk
- Staff Room & Head of Department Office for the school's PE department staff
- 140m2 of Storage rooms
This Design and Construct project was delivered in conjuction with Julianne McAlloon Architects.